Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'll come back!

Well, school started last week on the 13th, and I am not sure I'm ready to be home by myself yet. Chase is in 8th grade, Jordan is in 7th grade, Tanner is in 4th grade, and Trevor is in Kindergarten ALL DAY!! I really miss my kids when they are gone. In the past I have been known to drive up to the school during the day to see if I can see them at recess, etc. Jerel says it feels like I'm doing surveillance on the school.

About a month ago I got emotional and told Trevor, "You're too little to go to school all day." He got really sad and said, "Okay, I guess I can't go to school then; I'm too little." I quickly corrected myself and told him that even though he was big enough to go to school, I wasn't ready for him to be gone all day, and I was going to miss him. I got tearful about it and Trevor responded, "I'll come back!" So cute! Then Chase had to chime in with "Oh, yeah, like mom was all upset like this when I went to school for the first time." Jerel assured him that I was very emotional his first day too and did my share of "surveillance" on the school for him too. lol

I made sure I made them their favorite breakfast--monkey bread--to start out the day. Everyone seems to be doing really well (except for Tanner's bout of strep throat for two days.) Poor guy. I guess Heavenly Father wanted to let me have someone home for just a few more days. :) Tanner thinks he wants to run for student council or class president. Jordan realized that getting to class on time and finding his classrooms wasn't as hard as he thought it would be. He was very nervous to start Junior High. I'm sure all the girls are glad that Chase is back to school. He has quite a following of girls that call, text, toilet paper, etc.

The week before school started the junior high had an open house. Jordan, Chase and I went up to get Jordan acquainted with the campus and his teachers. Jordan wanted Chase to go too and share his experience/knowledge. (It's good to have an older brother at times.) Well, while we were up there, Chase got reacquainted with some of his "fan club." I teased him later as we walked away saying, "I bet those girls are all twitter-pated now and thinking how cute you are and oh, my goodness, Chase came and talked to us." After spending an hour or so, Jordan still felt very nervous about knowing where everything was and finding all his classes. When he came home the first day he said, "It wasn't as hard as I thought." Chase chimed in from the kitchen, "I told you." Spoken like a true big brother.

On Tuesday after Trevor got home from school I asked him what they worked on. After his response I asked if they worked on letters and numbers. He responded, very matter of factly too, "Mom, they don't do letters and numbers. I've been there two days. I'm serious--no, letters and numbers." I guess he felt like a pro after only two days. Here's pictures of them on the first day. One cute note. A few days before school started, Trevor went to school to a "Hello Party" to meet his new teacher. I asked him later what he thought of her and he said, "She's beautiful." Isn't that so sweet.

Here's a few more of my "surveillance pictures" from the first day!


I just love this picture. His backpack looks soo big.



Trevor lining up--see his beautiful teacher!



Tanner getting ready and organized.



Waiting for the bus and looking VERY cool.

2 comments:

MegiJones said...

Does Chase have his braces off?? When did that happen?? Or am I just seeing things??

Bonnie said...

I loved it when Trevor said, "I'll come back."
Is Tanner going to run for an office this year?
Let us know. I love all of the boys so much.
This blog page helps me see and hear about them and helps me to not feel so bad that I don't get to visit them as often as I would like.