Friday, March 14, 2008

American Idol Addict

K, I am loving American Idol this year. I am so impressed with the talent. I think there are so many guys that are good. Each time I hear one sing, I think, "oh, man, he's good!" But then the next guy comes up, and I think the same thing. But I have to admit that David Archuleta usually gives me goose bumps. But what happened this week??? David A., what happened? I still think he's great. I used to like David Hernandez, but he also wasn't so great this week, and now he's gone. Oh, well. He wasn't my ultra favorite.

But then this week, I got all hyped up on someone that I never really paid attention to before. I LOVED David Cook. Most of you don't know this, but in college my roommate Melissa got me hooked on "rocker music." Not major headbanger stuff, but bands like Scorpions, Def Leppard, etc. So, I still am a rocker at heart at times. I thought David C. was FAB!!!

And I can't forget Brooke White. She literally brought tears to my eyes when she sang this week. I love how talented she is. She can sing, play guitar, and piano. I love it when she accompanies herself. Last week I LOVED her too. Simon is right--she has had 3 great weeks. Go Brooke!! I was going to post a clip of Brooke singing, but Jerel was like "Uh, it's already been done. Do something new." So if you haven't heard her sing, go to youtube and check out her songs. I LOVE her!!

A little side note, on Brooke, she is originally from Mesa and tons of people I know, know her. They said she's as nice as she really appears on TV. Cute story:
Our friend, Brent K., told us that he taught Brooke how to sing. I was like "really?" (I believe everything and was ready to believe."
And he said, "Yes, I taught her everything she knows."
Then his wife added, "Yeah, he was her primary chorister."
Brent then added, "She's come a long way since then."
SOOO funny!

1 comment:

Rinez said...

I'm enjoying Idol, too! Brooke didn't do so well this week, but I know she'll do better. And David A is the best!