Friday, March 14, 2008

Running like the wind

Okay, I have to add a little more to Jerel's post on the half marathon. He has REALLY been into running lately. But because of his schedule, he often runs/trains in the evenings after work (and during kids' ball practises). A lot of people see him since he runs in the area. On the day he ran the half marathon, about 10+ different people came up to us and said that they saw him running. Plus, I must add that I'm really proud of Jerel for how well he did. I'm glad he's having a good time running too.


Funny story: One day our neighbor came up to him and said something like, "I saw you running on my way home from work today. But when I was driving later, I saw you still running. I thought maybe I should stop and pick you up. You were a long way from home." This guy is so funny and now that I've written it, you really need to hear him say it to be able to laugh out loud. I'll try to give you an idea of his humor. Try to picture this--one day he was out in his yard working and singing loudly "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me!" But he wasn't being obnoxious, he's just funny. He's also a real outdoorsy, tough, cowboy like guy. K, now this sounds like a "brokeback" moment where a tough guy is getting in touch with his feminine side. Oh, well. It was funny, and I guess you'll just have to believe me.

1 comment:

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

I have to know what neighbor that was!! Jerel, very impressive, I have dream of doing the 3-day for breast cancer, but its still in the dream stage.......