Sunday, April 5, 2009

Oh Baby

Last week my good friend Laura helped her daughter host a baby shower for her young women's leader. And it just so happens that Laura and I both visit teach her too. So I really wanted to help with whatever Laura would let me help with. You see, Laura is amazingly talented, and does a great job on everything. She's a hard act to follow. I've posted a picture of the "cupcake pop" party favors that Laura made for everyone--AMAZING!! They were mini cupcakes on a sucker stick and dipped in chocolate.

Anyways, she asked me and Stephanie, another friend, to help make cupcakes. Laura suggested that we try to make them look like flowers since she was decorating with pink hydrangeas. Stephanie was going to be gone and couldn't help decorate. So she baked the cupcakes and I decorated them all. I tried two different frostings--some the regular buttercream and the other a whipped cream topping frosting. I tried to variate the colors in the petals too so they would be two-toned. Some turned out better than others, but overall I think they turned out pretty cute. Thankfully Laura sent me a youtube clip on how to do the cupcakes, or I would have been lost. I forgot how much I like to cake decorate. Thanks Laura for asking me to help! It was fun. :)

13 comments:

Cherilee said...

This is such a cute idea. I will never be this talented, but I am amazed at what people can do. The decorations were darling and even the tablecloth looked great!

laurakrummenacher said...

Thanks again for decorating the cupcakes! They turned out exactly like I pictured!

Bonnie said...

That picture of the table with the flowers and the refreshments looks like something you would see in a GOOD HOUSEKEEPING or BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS magazine. You did such a good job on decorating the cupcakes and also on how you placed things on the table--Talk about professionsals! You guys are so talented and the recipient of the baby shower was one lucky lady to have you two for friends.

Catrina said...

So cute, cute, CUTE! You are so talented!

MegiJones said...

Those look so great Camille!! I'm very impressed!! Wish you were closer to me so you could help me out with stuff like that...want to make Skyler's bday cake and mail it to me?? :)

laurie said...

I love that you are blogging again! The cupcakes are beautiful, I can just imagine you crying about the singing thing (so sweet) and I'm cracking up about the "longer legs". Too funny!

Camille said...

K, I have to do a disclaimer--I just did the cupcakes--Laura (and family) did the table set up and decorating! I would love to claim that talent--but alas, I don't have it. :)

Maggie B said...

How beautiful! You are so talented.
http://bakerella.blogspot.com/ Check out this blog. Her cake pops are amazing.

Camille said...

Actually, the bakerella blog is where my friend got the instructions on how to do the cake pops. I have since checked out her blog and you're right--it is amazing.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

No, YOU are the Devil, making those deliciousness, making my mouth water. How long did this take you?

The lemon desert recipe is on my cookbook blog. http://snyderfamilycookbook.blogspot.com/

Nickie said...

WHATEVER! Those are soooo yummy looking! I want to know how you did that! It made my tummy grumble just looking at them.
If you guys do find out how to give someone longer legs, let me know immediately!
Love you guys!

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

Oh my goodness....I know who to call for some cute cupcakes!!!

Leslie said...

So cute!