Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cure Cystic Fibrosis

As some of you know, Jerel has two sisters, Lindy and Shannon, who were born with the genetic disease Cystic Fibrosis (CF). On October 5, 2008, we lost Shannon due to complications from CF. Our determination to fight this disease has intensified and we invite you to join us and our family in this fight as we raise money to cure Cystic Fibrosis.

In recent years, we have supported the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's (CFF) national fund-raising event, Great Strides. This year, Jerel decided to run the Salt Lake City Marathon on April 18, 2009 in honor of his sisters and raise funds for the CFF. He invited others to join him and recruited his brother, Boyce and Shannon's husband, Paul. Those of us not running will be cheering them on! Running or not, we are united as a family in our efforts to honor Shannon, and to raise as much money as possible for research which will benefit Lindy who continues to fight CF.

We are asking for your support to help fund research and improve the quality of life for everyone fighting Cystic Fibrosis. We know we can be successful with your help. Any amount you can donate is greatly appreciated and will put us one step closer to our goal.
To make a tax-deductible donation, click HERE and select the "Click to Donate" button or you may send a check made payable to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to: Rinez Campbell, 2119 Scott Place, Bakersfield, CA 93306.

We are grateful for your support as we fight to cure Cystic Fibrosis. Thank you for your donation and most of all, your love.

3 comments:

Nickie said...

That's so cool, good luck with that. I'm still just so sorry about your sister, that's got to be so hard.
Thank you so much for the cute cute dresses! I love love love them, I have been out looking for ribbon so I can make them bows. I cannot wait until Aubrey fits into her dress. I think I will make London wear hers soon though, it's so cute I can hardley stand it. Thank you so much!
I never got that far in a spelling bee, and I like to think of myself as quite a good speller. The last time I was in one, I lost on the word lifegaurd! Can you believe it? I will never forget that the "u" does not come first.
Nice job Tanner!
Love you guys!

bebe said...

I have been thinking so much about your sister-in-law. I am so sorry for all of you. I admire your efforts to make a difference in her honor. I can't tell you how honored I was when my cousin and uncle rode 150 miles each, for MS, in my name. They inspired me to be more and do more for the cause myself. We are approaching year 3 in the bike ride (not quite 150). Go Jerel!
Best to you all...Jenny ☺

Bonnie said...

I definitely will make a donation and if you tell me where the finish line is, I will be there to cheer when you cross it. I think is wonderful that you are doing this!