Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wild Hogs vs Stormin' Mormons


Our neighbor, James, has a Fat Boy Harley-Davidson motorcycle and has talked to Jerel for a while now about renting a motorcycle and going on a day ride with him and some other guys.
So of course, Jerel invited his brother Shad to go too since he loves to ride motorcycles. One night they even got together with some of the guys who had expressed an interest in going, ate a bunch of food and watched "Wild Hogs." Well, this past weekend was the BIG DAY!
In the days and weeks leading up to the ride, several people in our ward indicated they would like to come along. When all was said and done, 6 guys (5 in our ward plus Shad) made the trip. They left around 7 am with plans to be gone most of the day. They had a route in mind but not really any particular destination - just ride and enjoy the sights. One member of the group was Jay Klepinger who is Chase's teacher's quorum advisor. When Jay pulled up on his Harley, complete with doo rag and leather vest, Chase said, "Oh wow!"
The event went off without a hitch arriving home around 4:30. No mechanical problems and no accidents or incidents to report. They traveled around 300 miles stopping along the way including breakfast in Fountain Hills and lunch in Globe. Jerel had a great time and they have already begun planning their next trip.
Here's James with his Harley.
Shad on his sport bike.
Jerel ready to ride!

8 comments:

Cherilee said...

All of my brothers are motorcycle lovers. I am not sure how many they have. I have to say I like the name Stormin Mormons. Maybe I can talk my brothers into getting themselves a clever name.

Bonnie said...

Hey, I guessed right! When I first looked at your post, I didn't know you had more than one photo, and so I studied the top photo and tried to guess which one was Jerel and which one was Shad. I figured that Jerel had on the black jacket and black helmet and that Shad had on the red jacket, so I was going to proudly tell you I had figured it out. Then I scrolled down and saw the individual photos of each one, but I did guess right.

Anyway, I am glad that Jerel had such a nice time.

bebe said...

All that is missing is you in your hot leather outfit sitting on the back!

Rinez said...

Thankful they all came back safely. This all makes me soooo nervous! They look good, though!

MegiJones said...

Looks like fun!!

Nickie said...

I have one of those, I should go riding with them sometime.
Love you guys!

Nickie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I am so stinkin' jealous. I grew up riding a little Honda, almost every single day except the dead of winter. I have almost no leg hair, it was frozen off as I always wore cut-off levis.