Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Word of the Day"

Word of the day #1:
ostracize -- to exclude, by general consent, from society, friendship, conversation, privileges, etc.

Story: I was doing several things on the computer--updating Quicken, trying to blog, upload pictures, etc. Well, Chase wanted to use it and was frustrated when I told him I wasn't done yet, was in the middle of a lot of things, and he might have to wait a while. He then replied, "Could you get off the computer and quit ostracizing it?" Good thing Chase is good natured and let me post this. He quickly corrected himself and said, "I meant monopolize." But it was still funny and I couldn't help posting it.

Word of the day #2:
monopolize -- to acquire, have; to obtain exclusive possession of; keep entirely to oneself

4 comments:

laurie said...

Love it! And as far as I can tell, I bought the thing and can "ostracize" it all I want!

Nickie said...

Yep, that sounds like something I would say, only I probably couldn't correct myself, someone would have to do that for me. So, I guess Chase is still a step ahead of me. Again, it's that brilliance factor that seems to run in your family.

Rinez said...

Chase comes by it naturally! Great Uncle Rolland and Grandpa Campbell do that ALL the time!

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the humorous post, but please tell Chase that I know how smart he is. He really is a very good writer. I have been amazed at how smart all of your boys are when I have read things they have written for school.

I love you all very much. Thanks for writting all of these posts Camille.