Sunday, July 15, 2007

Did she just call me fat?

When Camille and I visited the temple on Saturday morning, I needed to rent some pants. This is because my pants are very old (I purchased them before getting married) and the pants have shrunk a couple sizes over the years. Camille walked by and gave me an inquisitive look and asked what I was doing. I replied that I needed to rent some pants.

There were two women working behind the counter. Woman #1 asks me (with a little smirk and a comical tone in her voice), "Brother, why do you need to rent pants?" I answer, "My pants are really old." Woman #2 then chimes in, "It wouldn't have anything to do with size, would it?" I should have broke down and started crying right then but there were 3 guys behind me who were there to take out their endowments so I had to be cool. I laughed and headed off to change.

When I met up with Camille while we were waiting to begin the sealing session, I thought about the encounter some more. I concluded that she indeed had called me fat!! I wonder how the overweight sisters take the news when they rent clothes. Oh well, I still enjoyed the temple visit and I did have a revelation of sorts.....I am fat!! (At least she didn't call me old!)

1 comment:

Rinez said...

Interesting encounter! I don't think you're one bit fat!