Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fondant fun

I know I've blogged before about my cake decorating classes, but this week I have been going to Fondant and Gum Paste classes. Fondant is actually fun and not as hard to work with as I thought. I definately have much room to improve and much to learn, but I'm enjoying the class. I'm attaching some pictures of my first cake. I covered the board under the cake in blue marbelized fondant and then the cake is in white fondant. I then decorated the cake with gum paste and fondant in a few different techniques that I learned. I know it's not a cohesive design, but I wanted to actually try each technique on the cake--it makes a difference. I love the part where it's wrapped around the side like a piece of fabric. Isn't it cool looking?! Tanner's favorite was the part that looks like a hankerchief is hanging over the side (the triangle part with cutouts). I was just excited at my first attempts and wanted to share.


2 comments:

Rinez said...

It's amazing what you can do with that stuff. It's very pretty. You're just getting to be quite the expert!

Bonnie said...

I love especially how you made this look like a handkerchief. Are you still taking classes. I can hardly wait to see your next photos.