Sunday, June 8, 2008

Baseball fun

Like many of our friends, the past few months have seen us spending a large amount of time attending several baseball games each week.


Trevor completed his 2nd year of t-ball coached this year by Aaron Jones and myself. Almost all the kids on our team this year came from families that also attend our ward so games were quite the social event as well. The kids did such a great job and we had many light-hearted moments. Of course we went undefeated (so did all the other teams) and the best part of the game was treats.

Tanner tried out and was drafted on a majors team this season, the Cardinals. We debated whether he should play on a majors team where he wouldn't see as much playing time but the level of the game would be higher or play on a minors team where he would see more playing time. He ended up staying in majors where he was one of the youngest kids but the overall experience was very positive. His team ended up winning the regular season championship and then went undefeated in the league tournament. They are now playing in the "Tournament of Champions" which is for the league champion from several leagues. They won their first game yesterday 2-0 in an exciting pitcher's duel. They finish the tournament next week which is a good thing since the weather is getting a little warm for baseball or anything else for that matter.

6 comments:

Dee said...

Trevor, congrats on an undefeated season!!! I'm truly impressed!
And Tanner holding your own with the majors is a big deal! I knew you were a tough guy, but you have really shown it here. Keep it up!

laurie said...

That's great! We totally missed baseball this year. I can't decide if I actually "missed" it! lol

Rinez said...

Trevor and Tanner, you guys are great! Keep up the good work. And Jerel, you're great to coach them. Love you all!

Bonnie said...

I had so much fun watching Trevor play T-Ball when I went to Mesa in May. I just wish I could have seen more of his games.
Way to go, Tanner. I am so proud of you. You are fantastic in every way. I am proud of you playing in the majors, and you are a fantastic poet, too. I will always treasure that wonderful Mother's Day poem that you wrote and gave to me.
I love you both.
Love,
Grandma Bonnie

Nickie said...

How cute! There is nothing cuter than boys in baseball uniforms. I know it's not the manliest comment to put on here, but holy cow, they are sooooo cute! I want to get Ethan into it just for the uniform.
By they way congrats on the undefeated season, but just know that even if you weren't undefeated, you were still absolutely adorable.
Cute cute cute boys!
Love you guys!

bebe said...

WOW!! Way to go boys (Jerel/Jewel included)!! Baseball ROCKS!! I can't wait to see which major league team you guys end up playing for - as long as it's not the Yankees (Sorry Jerel)!!
Actually, Jerel, I need to reneg on my comment a bit - Not ALL Yankee fans on in my doghouse - just the wannabes. Being a lifelong Yankee fan disqualifies you as a wannabe!! What happened to your Lakers though?!?