Sunday, August 3, 2008

Words of Wisdom

"Knowledge without labor is profitless.
Knowledge with labor is genius."
Gordon B. Hinckley
My quotes for today struck a chord with me because we had a great lesson in Relief Society about the importance of work. We talked about how to teach our kids why it's important, benefits and blessings of working hard, having a desire to do "a job well done," and different ideas we can try as parents to motivate our kids. It's amazing to me the number of kids that don't do jobs at home. Yard work or cleaning the bathroom is a foreign concept to them. (I am not doing the lesson justice in my explanation--it really was just so good.) So here's my words of wisdom:

"Unfortunately, a few of our otherwise good youth are unstretched, having almost a free pass. Perks are provided, including cars complete with fuel and insurance—all paid for
by parents who sometimes listen in vain for a few
courteous and appreciative words."
Neal A. Maxwell

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Great quotes!! Thanks for your comments! I love reading your blog, so much feeling in everything you do! Sorry about the link issue in my blog...I am still working out kinks!

laurie said...

It's a shame to say the least, but at least people are starting to recognize it as a problem. My children will tell you that's ALL they do..work work work! Whatever!