Monday, August 25, 2008

Schoolhouse rock!


Well, since I've been behind on posts (because of previously named reasons), I figured I better try to catch up before I leave on yet another vacation. The kids started school on the 11th. Don't they all look so handsome in their new school clothes?! As usual, I was totally and completely sad to see them go. I took Tanner and Trevor to school and as I was crossing the crosswalk, not even to the school yet, I started to cry. A friend even called later that day to see how I was, because she knows how hard the first few days are for me. So sweet of her. I am happy to report that I DID NOT drive up to the school this time to see how they were doing at recess. Jerel says it's like I'm "doing surveillance on the school." I just feel like I never see them anymore--I only get to see Chase for about 5 hours a day. Not enough. Especially when I think about him leaving on a mission in 4 years.

Every one so far has enjoyed their teachers and have had a great first few weeks of school. Chase has long days ahead of him right now as he is doing A-hour and has football after school. He leaves for carpool at 7:15 a.m. and doesn't get home until after 5:30 p.m. But he is excited to be starting Seminary this year. Jordan has had some late nights as he is still doing football every night for the next few weeks. On the first day of school, he came home and said "Mom, you're right. Girls do like contacts." (Enough said, wink.) And both are a little worried about their work loads as they have a lot of advanced classes. I'm sure they'll do great. Tanner wasn't sure what his teacher was going to be like and was kind of nervous, but says she's really nice. He's figured out that if you follow the rules then she's a good teacher. Funny how it works like that. And Tanner has talked Jerel, not me, into letting him play the trumpet. I don't know what he has got us into on that one. Trevor has been a little shy with the kids in his class, but I'm sure he will warm up to them soon. And he STILL is not eating his lunch every day. Trevor came home the first day and said, "Mom, I had a great day!"
I really wish I could get Chase's biology teacher on video describing the safety protocols for class. When Chase reenacted them (yes, I meant acting), it looked and sounded ha-larious. Maybe I can get Chase on video to act them out--GREAT idea! Here are some more pictures of Trevor walking off with his class (sigh) and the kids coming home.

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the update. I talked to Jordan and Tanner about school, and I am anxious to talk to Chase and Trevor. I can hardly wait to see Chase's reenactment.I think it would be funny to have one of my former students reenact me. I hope school goes well for all them throughout the entire year.

Bonnie said...

P.S. I love your new wallpaper on your blog.

Shannon said...

Good lookin boys!

MegiJones said...

Fun pictures! Have a great year, guys! :)

laurie said...

You big baby, school is a GOOD thing! I'm glad they are all doing well, and to see you back in blog world. cute background!

Rinez said...

So glad they are settling in. It is amazing to think of our Chase in seminary already. Such handsome boys and Jordan's in contacts! Yippee! I

Nickie said...

Aw, you sweet mama. I was actually excited this year for Kermit to get his orenery little butt back to school. And now he's loving every minute of it!
I'll probably fall apart when Tink has to go though, she's actually pretty fun to hang out with.
Hang tough Mom!
Loves!

Gary said...

I enjoyed your blog. What is the football season in AZ? Ours ends in October. Great family photo, you are a great looking bunch. I love you Camille and I am proud of you. Dad

KG said...

Hi Jerel and Camille! Riley and I check out your blog from time to time....your kids are soooo grown up! Riley has the BEST time when he gets to hang out with your boys! Thanks for always being so good to him! And wow....Chase looks A LOT like Shad....don't you think?! BTW, when you talk to Boyce again will you ask him to update his blog for me? I dieing to know the details of him and "Suz"! Take care, Karen