Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh well . . .

Okay, I'm back from my little vacation. I had a couple posts almost ready to go before I left and forgot to post them. Oh well, I'll get them posted tonight. So sorry if they are old news, but I already wrote them, and they are getting posted.

I was thinking today about how I am always a step behind on everything I do lately. I am always really busy with my church calling and my kids in sports and school stuff, etc. You know--like everyone else is--so I really don't need to explain. And I have to admit, I am busy, but I do know people who are busier than I am. I then told myself, "It's because I read so much. I get a little disorganized at times because I spend a lot of my free moments reading. That's the problem." . . . But THEN I thought about one of my friends who is truly organized and amazing. Her house always looks put together when I'm there, and you get the feeling that it's clean and organized all the way through--not just on the surface. Plus, she is involved with like so many things--school, church activity groups, going to the gym, her kids, her own business, etc. And she always does a good job--not half way like others do. And her kids are totally involved with sports, dance, etc. like mine. BUT, then I realized that she reads A TON! She not only reads books, but she reads the entire paper every day. So I realized I have really NO excuse for being a day late and a dollar short all the time. (sigh) Maybe my friend can give me some time management lessons, or something--you know, when she has free time. :)

p.s. I forgot to mention another friend that I also thought of today who has 9 kids, blogs every day, exercises every day, makes homemade bread, gardens and does cute crafts with her kids. That's just a few of the things she does. I'm starting to think that I have surrounded myself with amazingly talented friends. :)

8 comments:

laurie said...

I don't mean to burst your bubble of hope, but I think what your friend possesses is a gift. Not that we can't aspire and improve, but it sounds like that is a talent she has. Don't beat yourself up too much over it! I can't wait to hear about your cruise! By the way, my friend is fine and I haven't seen a mouse in a week!

Camille said...

Well, Laurie, I thought about you too. Um, hello, you have 9 kids and still blog every day and oh, by the way, make homemade bread, make crafts with your kids and garden. In fact, I think I'm going to revise my post and add you to it. lol

Bonnie said...

After trying to be in your shoes for 10 days, I can honestly ask how you keep up with that hectic schedule that you do every day. I think you are amazing to do all that you do and keep all of the boy on time to school, church, and to all of their games, practices, piano lessons, and still cook the meals, do an enormous wash, shop, read, help with the homework, do your church jobs, run a taxi cab service for your kids and all of the other carpools you do, etc.
How do you find time to wash your hair and take a bath yourself? You always look nice. Unbelievable!

laurakrummenacher said...

Oh, thanks for such a sweet compliment Camille! Wait, I don't have kids in dance and my last three days of newspapers are on my driveway. Darn.

Camille said...

Laura, you know that you are one of my idols! I get tired just thinking about your schedule. :)

Rinez said...

Camille, you don't take a back seat to anyone. You're a wonderful wife and Mama, not to mention all of the other hats you wear. We are each individuals with gifts and talents and abilities. What matters is that you're striving hard and doing your best. Nothing else matters. I think you're terrific and you have many qualities that I admire and would like to add to mine. I love you!

Leslie said...

I think you aren't giving yourself enough credit. You do so much!
Les.

Kristine said...

I agree with Laurie those things you describe are gifts and you have some of your own! You make some of the BEST desserts and other culinary delights that I have ever had, I could go on, but I have to get my kids to bed...so you will just have to wait for the rest of the list!