Thursday, September 18, 2008

Are you serious!?

Usually I post cute things that Trevor says under the heading "Cute quips," but I'm not sure I can classify this one as "cute"--okay, it did make me laugh and I shared it with everyone as they came home. I made a great dinner tonight, one that I thought all my kids love. It has ribs, potatoes, and green beans. It's even more delicious than it sounds. It's a recipe that I got when I went to a cooking class at the local "we have every cool gadget you can think of for cooking" store. I went with my friend Stephanie and she tried the recipe first and said it was great. Stephanie is a great cook and I like to think I am too, so I tried it. The best thing about this recipe is that you can cook it in 10 minutes in the pressure cooker--I know--amazing.

Well, Thursday's are crazy days for me as I have scouts until 5:15, Jordan leaves for football at 5:30, Chase comes home from football at 5:45 and leaves for piano at 6:00, Tanner leaves for baseball at 5:50ish, and I have to drive some of those carpools. I decided to be a good mom and cook this "great" meal before I left for scouts. I came home from scouts to a delicious smell that I could smell before I even walked into the house. All the kids were very excited at what I made--because it is just so good. I'm trying to quickly make gravy so everyone can eat before they all have to leave and THEN . . .

I hear Trevor in the bathroom and he yells out "It stinks in here." I call back, "Well, you're in the bathroom, hurry and flush and come out." (Hello?!) He then yells even louder,

"No, in the kitchen!!"

W A I T!!! Did he just say that the kitchen stinks? My delicious smelling ribs?! He even went outside when Jerel came home from work and said, "Dad! Mom is trying to make me eat DINNER!" Oh, the horror! I wished I would have taken a picture of his face during dinner. His face varied between horror to utter sadness. To quote Chase, "He looks like you're trying to feed him poison." It was too funny to be offended, but is he SERIOUS!? This was a dang good meal. At least all the rest of the fam said so.

p.s. Tomorrow I am trying the coffee cake recipe on Laura's blog. Apparently it's absolutely addicting. If Trevor doesn't like it, well, then we know that Trevor is the problem--not the food. . . . But wait, if he DOES like the coffee cake, well, my dinner was still dang good!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

It sounds delicious. You can fix it for me. By the way, did Trevor eat anything for dinner?

laurie said...

Can't predict a child, can ya? Did you make him eat it anyway?

MegiJones said...

Well I still think Trevor is the most hilarious part of your family!! :) Even though I'm sure your dinner was awesome, Trevor never ceases to entertain!! :) Love you all!

Camille said...

Oh yeah! He had to sit there until he ate at least half of it. I'm so mean! lol

Nickie said...

The dinner thing happens to me all the time. I guess i should just suck it up and take a class or something, I didn't think I was that bad though.
As for the wrestling, tell Chase I'm a little disappointed, I thought he'd be able to take his dad at this point. But then, never underestimate the power of a marathon runner right?

Leslie said...

This clinches it. I'm getting a pressure cooker. I've been dreaming of getting one since last February. I just wanted to make sure it was a purchase I would use. Will you share your good pressure cooker recipes with me?
Les.