Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mom! Michael Phelps is like this . . .

. . . in the lunchroom. (You'll have to read further to hear the rest of this totally cute story.)



Well, I was going to post about how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Olympics, but I never wanted to stop watching them long enough to post. I was thoroughly addicted to watching as many events as possible. I would stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning watching, and then get up with my kids at 6:15 for school to start. After two weeks of that, I am way tired. I'm one of those "fans" that cheers loudly and excitedly as the events are going on, much to my kids' amazement. Chase even replied, "I think this is why your voice is all messed up and you can't sing in the choir anymore." He is probably right. I always tear up whether the athletes win or lose--I know, big surprise from me there. lol I really love hearing our national anthem. And lucky us, we got to hear it a lot.

Funny story: Tanner came in one night and asked Jerel, "Why do they keep playing our national anthem so much?" Jerel responded, "Because every time we win the gold, they play it." Tanner asked, "Well, what do they play when the other countries win gold?" Jerel answered, "That country's national anthem." Tanner then said, "Other countries have their own national anthem?" Jerel and I couldn't help but laugh and wonder out loud "Hello?! Where have we gone wrong that he didn't know that?"

I loved how in one of the first events, we swept the medals. Michael Phelps was amazingly awesome. AND the opening ceremonies were some of the coolest I had ever seen. (And get this--my neighbor's son was actually there, at the ceremonies, on like the 4th row!!! Way cool and I am jealous!!) I loved the drummers and the moving cubes that were all synchronized. And the water cube is totally cool how it keeps changing colors. I could go on and on, and yes, I did cry quite a lot watching it all. lol




But the BEST part was when Trevor came home and said, "Mom!! Michael Phelps looks like this in the lunchroom." Apparently their PE teacher put up a bunch of pictures of the Olympics in the cafegymatorium. Trevor did a PERFECT imitation of Michael Phelps, don't ya think? Definitely!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I loved the Olympics, too. Daughter like Mom I guess. However, I would always fall asleep when the men's gymnastics would come on, so I would have to stay up really late to try to watch what I had missed. I taped the opening ceremonies--they were unbelievable.

Yes, Trevor did a perfect imitation of Michael Phelps.

MegiJones said...

What a great imitation, Trev! You look just like Michael Phelps!!

bebe said...

We all stayed up to watch the Olympics too(O.K.,so we are night owls already, but we were watching the Olympics each night. My kids really were involved with us. We would ask Sage, "Do you think you can do that? and she would, without hesitation, say "yup!" She is built to be a gymnast, we think. Karli was most impressed by the diving. We took her to the community pool and she was running off the diving board, over and over, and practicing diving skills off the couch at home. It's so interesting to watch your kids develop interests and wonder where they will wind up. GO USA!
Jenny
(You look great!!!Way to go on the weight loss)