Friday, September 12, 2008

Class of 88 is great!

Last month I also went to my 20th high school reunion. I left Jerel at home because he really didn't want to go and it was just so much easier to leave him at home to shuttle all the kids around to all their practises. Plus, we were leaving on another vacation a few weeks after I got back anyways. He seemed happier that way, and much happier than some of the spouses that did end up coming. :)

I had so much fun. I even found some old college friends that I had lost contact with. I really can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had. The best idea was that they had our high school pictures on our name tags. It was really fun and helpful at the same time. We all spent the whole night looking at someone that looked familiar, checking their name on the name tag, and then looking at the picture. That was then followed up by "Oh, my goodness I remember you. Hey, what have you been up too?!" I flew up on Friday afternoon, went to a late lunch with my mom at an Indian restaurant, and then went to my friend Angela's house to go to the "event" with her and her husband. BTW, her house is beautiful. It was fun that Carol came with us too. Here I am at lunch with my mom and then a quick pic right before I left for the reunion on Friday night. The next one I am with Angela; if you look close you can see our "fancy picture name tags." The next one I am with Holly, Jenn, and Carol. I have to admit that after seeing everyone that night that the women aged much better than the men. Honest!




Saturday, my nice mom let me sleep in for forever--a first for me! I felt like a teenager again. My body wakes me up at 6:15 automatically every morning whether I want to or not. But this time, I layed in bed and actually went back to sleep! Then we did a little shopping, went to lunch at a Greek restaurant that I had been craving and then I left to go to the park day with the "old high schoolers" again. It was fun to see everyone's kids. Some of them looked exactly like their parents did when they were "younger." Definitely didn't need the name tags for some of those kids. I really wish my family could have been up there for that day. I had so much fun, that I lost track of time (and it didn't help that I didn't change my watch with the time difference) and almost missed my flight home. I got there with less than 15 minutes to spare. A quick trip, but so much fun! Before I left, I couldn't help taking a picture of the street that my high school is on. I always wanted to steal the sign in high school, but never did. :) Cool sign, huh!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

How could I have forgotten about the street named Camille? Thanks for the photos to remind me.
It was fun having you here even if your visit wasn't very long. I am glad that you had such a nice time at your reunion. By the way, did you ever find another shirt like that one you had on--since you snagged it on your purse? Let me know.

I love you,
MOM

Leslie said...

Mine and Christian's 20th reunions are both this year, too. I can't wait. Fortunately they're in Mesa so we both can go to everything. I'm glad you had so much fun. Gives me hope! ;) The street sign is way cool. If any of your friends had really loved you in HS they would've gotten the sign for you. :)
Les.

Rinez said...

What a happy time you had! I've never been to a reunion for my class. I've been to one with Dad for his! It was fun watching him interact with his old friends, especially the basketball team of which he was a part. It was good you could be with your Mom, too! That's the best!

laurie said...

So fun! I can't decide if I'm going to go to mine this year or not. Where did you grow up? You were lookin mighty fine by the way!

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

wow, you are looking really good, I have been the worst friend, glad you had so much fun!

Angela said...

Go Class of '88! It was so fun to see you! Can't believe we didn't steal the Camille sign -- we stole plenty of others! I remember when our basement was full of flashing barricades! Now I can't believe we did that--what were we thinking!?!