Thursday, September 18, 2008

They're like a bunch of mosquitos, they won't go away!

Last Sunday night, we were having a nice quiet evening while we rewatched the the first half of the BYU/UCLA game. We usually don't watch sports much on Sunday, but come on, this was too good of a game to not watch again. As we were watching, I got a phone call. This is what started while I was on the phone. K, moms out there, don't your kids usually start into something loud just as you get on the phone? (And believe me, this was loud.)



Well, Jerel was right in there with them this time. I'm not sure who started "wrestlemania" this time, but Jerel towards the end said, "Geez. They're like a bunch of mosquitos; they won't go away!" Of course I had to start videoing.

When I replayed the video to the kids, one of them commented, "Hey is this the part where we captured Dad?"

I laughed, "You guys NEVER had him."

Jerel then had to add, "Just let them have their little fantasy. I kept waiting for the real fight to start."

I love a dad that still plays with his kids. And he still beat all 4 of those guys at once. He's quite the man!

5 comments:

Boyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boyce said...

SO fun! I just have to know....does Jerel sing the Indiana Jones song when he wrestles? I've heard Shad do it with his kids and even caught myself doing it when wrestling with the nephews...just wondering if he's carrying on Dad's legacy....!

laurie said...

What a warm and fuzzy! I have to say that is probably my least favorite thing for them to do. Someone always ends up crying. Amazingly, they all love it anyway. Wouldn't you just once like to know what it's like to "enjoy" that kind of boyish fun??

Bonnie said...

Being I only had one sister and did not have the opportunity of having a brother, I personally never understood the joy guys get wrestling, but if they are having fun then good for them.

Rinez said...

I have always loved the way men and boys show their love for each other. They wrestle and it's so fun! I remember Dad's mother trying to stop the boys from wrestling in the house and they'd just ignore her. It's just part of being men! Love it!