Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Word of the Day"

Lately we've had some funny experiences with some "vocabulary amnesia" episodes from our boys. Chase and Jordan are both well read and good students, but they seriously had a gap in their memories on these words. Both stories made all of us laugh TONS! I only share because we all laughed and they were so good natured about it.

Word of the day #1:
inferior--of poor quality; mediocre; of little or less importance, value, or merit

Story #1:
Chase was trying to block Tanner from coming down the stairs. Chase in the manliest, most "he-man", macho, GI Joe style voice booms, "My muscles are inferior, you will never get past me!" K, now, Jordan, Jerel and I laughed for forever on this. I almost wet my pants. Chase walks in and was like, "What? Why are you laughing." We told him to look up inferior in the dictionary. He knew something was up, finally went and looked it up, shut the dictionary and walked out. He was smiling, but felt kind of silly. Apparently he thought inferior really meant superior.

Word of the day #2:
cadaver--a dead body

Story #2:
Chase was joking around and told Jordan that he was going to turn into a cadaver. Jordan asks, "What is a cadaver?" We all laugh, thinking he's joking. Hello? How does he not know this? Well, he kept asking, and we all kept laughing. The more he asked, the more we laughed. FINALLY we told him and he couldn't help but laugh too.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Such cute stories!

Nickie said...

You have the cutest family! I loved hearing your laugh and your cute voice. Your boys are hilarious! Trevor is so cute in those videos, I showed him to London, she thought he was Ethan and I told her it was Trevor and she said, "yeah, Ta-re-vor"
It was so cute.
Your home is soooo pretty, I want to come see you guys!
Love you

laurie said...

So glad to see you back in the blog world! I missed reading about your crazy boys. I love the picture too, you are the rose! Hope things keep getting better for you.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the update on the blog. I love to hear about the boys.