Thursday, May 8, 2008

Now that's a man who . . .


K, I just read a blog from a friend of ours and he gave a nice shout out to his wife. (She is great by the way. She's the kind of mom that you always strive to be like.) Anyways, I just got to thinking that I have a great husband. I know there's been a ton of blogs that have tagged me to do a list of some kind or another about my husband, but I'm just going to tell a couple short stories. It doesn't involve Krazy Toast or Jerel making me breakfast, but they are good stories nonetheless. I guess I could do a list of 40 things that I love about Jerel, (because he's turning 40 this year) but that's a LONG list. lol So here goes.

Story 1: After my step-dad Randy died, my mom was a little worried about all the yard work that needed to be done at her house. Jerel delayed our trip home from the funeral for a few hours until we could all finish up her yard work. We mowed lawns, edged, cut down tree branches, etc. He also made sure all her yard equipment was working. We had a LONG 10+ hour drive ahead of us, but he wanted to make sure my mom was taken care of. I love that.

Story 2: During the Christmas holidays we had a friend who was having major kidney stone problems. He's a tough guy and has a high pain tolerance, but one night it got extremely bad and his wife called at about 2 or 3 a.m. She asked if Jerel could come over and give her husband a blessing. Jerel quickly got up, dressed in his white shirt and tie, and went over. We were both so glad that these friends of ours didn't hesitate to call. Of course we would do anything for them at any hour. This poor guy had a heck of a time during the whole holidays. My heart went out to his whole family, and especially his wife. She was so worried about him. Jerel again went over on Christmas Eve night to give another blessing.

Life goes on, our friend finally got better and we really didn't think about it much. Well, in Sunday School a few months ago, this friend shared this experience in class. And as he talked about Jerel coming over in the middle of the night all dressed in his Sunday best, I got really teary-eyed. He then went on to say that after Jerel left, he turned to his wife and said, "Now THAT'S a man who honors the Priesthood."

Jerel, I love you and am grateful for a man who honors his Priesthood, serves others even when it's inconvenient and is a great example to my boys.

Hey, Jerel, just a thought. We do have Krazy Bread on our counter . . .

(The pictures were taken at Randy's funeral. I love the picture of Jerel with his younger brother Boyce. I think Boyce will love the picture because he's bigger than his older brother. And what a cute one of Chase and Jerel.)

5 comments:

Rinez said...

Amen to all you said, Camille. As a Mom, I am thankful for this fine son to whom I have looked for help since he was just a little guy. He has never let me down. I'm sorry for the times I've let him down or any of you. It's wonderful that you are his wife and appreciate all he does. Remember that you are a team and you help him in his goodness. Love you all!

laurakrummenacher said...

That crazy bread or Krazy bread if you want to be correct can't be good anymore! No preservatives in that stuff. Do you need some more for Sunday Jerel?

Anonymous said...

I'm not usually a french toast or Krazy toast chef...I'm more a pancakes or waffles - less chances for me to mess something up!

Camille said...

Oh my--how did I spell Crazy wrong--of course it's spelled Krazy. What was I thinking?! And I'm such a fan of Krazy Sub. I must fix my blog. lol But I do know that your bread is ultra fresh. I usually keep in the freezer. I do LOVE your bread!

Nickie said...

Y'know, Joel is a great guy, way to go man, and the cheetahs, that's awesome, I personally was raised by manatees.
You're messing it all up, Krazy and Jerel
Get it right would ya!