Tuesday, October 28, 2008

FHE fun

For FHE last night, we all hurried home from school/work/football practice, ate dinner and headed to a mostly empty movie theater to view the latest edition of High School Musical. Our family has enjoyed the first two installments of this Disney production (although Jordan claims to have not seen the 2nd one) and we hoped that this episode would be just as entertaining. Being the cheapskate that I am, I had the kids all load their pockets full of candy from home (I tried to get Camille to take a whole bag in her purse but she thought the bag was too big). The movie always seems better if you know you didn't mortgage the house to pay for refreshments. So how was it? The consensus was that although it was entertaining, fun and whimsical, it came in last place of the 3 (or if you're optimist, it got the bronze medal). The music was good (not great) but it was lively to the point that Trevor was literally dancing in the aisle as we were leaving.

On a side note, why is it that young boys find so much humor in the bathroom? We could have saved some money by skipping the movie and just having the boys visit the restroom a couple times. There always seems to be someone or something in the bathroom that causes hysterical laughter and general giddiness. Oh, to be young again!!

5 comments:

Boyce said...

Oh no...its worse than #2? I didn't really like #2 at all but I had high hopes for #3. Its all the rage here since it was filmed here!!! Now I'm not sure if I want to pay the money to go see it....decisions decisions....

As far as boys and bathrooms....I dunno what the deal is...its really just kids and bathrooms. As a teacher I can walk a class down the hall and they are perfect little angels....as soon as they get inside the bathroom door, screams begin to erupt...I'll never quite understand it.

Mary said...

So funny, Jerel. Loved our review. But I heard a totally opposite one from the Allen's. "The movie made me cry"--Jake

Bonnie said...

I have never seen any of these 3 shows. Thanks for the review. I will save my money. Is the first show out on video? I think I will just see it.

laurie said...

I agree, not my favorite.

Nickie said...

Nice job marathon man!
I've never seen any of the high school musical shows. I figure I get enough of the movie walking through target and seeing all the pillows and pencils and lamps and what not! It tells the story for you doesn't it?