Saturday, September 8, 2007

And so it begins . . .

It seems that we are the recipients of toilet papering and other pranks by a number of girls on a frequent basis. I guess when you have cute boys, that's just going to happen. :) Well, last night Chase and his friend, Hunter Knight, decided to go pull a prank. Jerel needed to pick up something from our good friends, the Davis'. Chase and Hunter decided to tag along. The Davis' have a daughter their age (Sabrina) and they are all friends. While Jerel went inside, Chase and Hunter, in a very covert manner, covered their entire lawn with a loaf of bread. They also used another loaf of bread on their roof. No one even knew they were there and had no idea what was going on outside.

Later on I was on the phone with Natalie, the mom, as she went out and discovered the "loafing." She laughed and said she should put a sign outside on her lawn that said, "I loaf you." The whole time we were on the phone, she didn't even notice Chase and Hunter were still there and hiding in Jerel's car. She had NO idea they were even there! I didn't realize all of this and accidentally mentioned something about Chase coming over with Jerel. She said, "Chase and Hunter are over here?" Well, she put two and two together.

Well, of course, I'm sure you know what happened next. . .

About 10:30 pm Chase gets a text message telling him to come over to Sarah's (another neighbor girl.) Chase texted back and said he needed to get up early to go to the BYU game and was going to bed. The girls texted back, "Never mind." As Chase is telling me this I mention, "They're probably toilet papering our house right now and that's their way to get you to come out and notice." Sure enough--I was right. Chase walked out and caught them. But it was a toilet papering job unlike any other we've had before. In addition to the toilet paper, they covered our lawn in tons of notes all folded up in fancy ways like girls do. The girls wanted Chase to open them all up and read them right then and there. Here's a few pictures of some of them. These girls are so funny.

Well, Saturday morning was an early start for all of us. Jordan had to leave for his football game at 6:00 am, and Jerel, Chase and Tanner left shortly after that to head to the BYU/UCLA game. I figured I would pick up all the toilet paper when we got back from Jordan's game. When we got home, the yard was all cleaned up. I said to the boys, "I wonder who cleaned up our yard?" Trevor then said, "I know, maybe Heavenly Father did it!" Sounds good to me! :)

2 comments:

Rinez said...

"And a little child shall lead them." I love the complete faith of little ones. Trevor, you're wonderful.

Bonnie said...

This brings back memories when Camille and her friends used to go toilet papering.