Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My latest creation

This is my latest cake from my cake decorating classes. I made over 40 roses and rosebuds in fondant. I love the look of fondant roses, but I don't know if it's worth all the time it takes to make just one. There are several steps involved which can become very tedious work. It took me hours and hours and hours to make these flowers. In the close-up of the flowers you can see the detail of them better. (You can also click on the pictures and it will show a close-up view.)

I'm getting better at fondant and these two cakes turned out looking pretty smooth. I also love the ruffle border. It may be my new favorite border. This was also my first attempt at a tiered cake.








2 comments:

Bonnie said...

This cake is a masterpiece. It is much prettier than any wedding cake that I have seen in the past several years. I am so proud of you.

Rinez said...

I continue to be amazed at your talent with this. It is absolutely gorgeous.