Thursday, September 6, 2007

A good example to me.

I am very proud of my boys and their love of the gospel. They often go up and bear their testimonies on Fast Sunday. They are good examples to me. Even though I don't usually get nervous about commenting in church or giving talks, etc. it seems that long periods of time go by before I get up and bear my testimony in sacrament meeting. In fact, I think the last time I bore my testimony was in May. I was called 15 minutes before we left for church and asked to talk on the Aaronic Priesthood and bear my testimony about it in sacrament meeting. (The assigned speaker for sacrament meeting became ill and was not able to attend.) While I was a bit nervous to get up and speak in church with a few minutes notice, I was grateful for the opportunity to bear my testimony. (In fact, if my memory serves me right, I believe Chase was the youth speaker in sacrament meeting that day also. Jerel also filled in last minute in Primary Sharing Time and did a presentation on the Aaronic Priesthood too. What good guys I have surrounding me.)

A few months ago all 4 of my boys got up to bear their testimonies. A gentleman was visiting our ward for a baby blessing and was very touched by this. He came up and commented on what good boys we have and was very impressed by this. We do have great boys!

But the thing that prompted me the most to right this post was last Sunday. Jordan got up and bore one of the sweetest testimonies that I have ever heard from him. He testified of his love for the Savior and how he felt about the atonement. He was very emotional as he spoke about the suffering that Jesus went through for us in the Garden of Gethsemane and how he bled from very pore. He truly felt the Spirit that day--as did the rest of us. I had many people come up to me and tell me that Jordan's testimony touched them.

I am going to follow my sons' examples and bear testimony of the gospel more often.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That's wonderful, Jordan. I wish I had been there to hear your testimony. It is the most precious thing you have. I love you!