Monday, September 24, 2007

Jodi's baby shower

Last weekend, Megi (Jerel's sister) and I threw a baby shower for Jodi, another sister-in-law. She is married to Shad, Jerel's brother. (Now that we've got the family tree out of the way.) I had a "great" idea to make cupcakes with fondant bows on top that looked like little package bows. Everything was great until they all tipped over as I was carefully loading them into the car. I really don't know what happened. One minute I'm setting the box down on the seat, the next thing I know, they are all tipped over and fallen apart. I should have taken a picture of the mess so you can really appreciate the magnitude of the disaster. The whole 25 minute drive to Jodi's house I tried to calm down and not be so upset. It helped that I called my mom like 4 times. Well, by the time I got there, I had the attitude of "Well, what can you do? No use being upset over it. Just set up as fast as you can and maybe I'll have time to fix those stupid cupcakes." I didn't think I would be able to because it took me hours to make them in the first place. (I'm kind of a perfectionist.) As it all turns out, I was able to redo some of them and they turned out looking okay. I felt really blessed. Well, enough about me.

The shower turned out great. Jodi had many friends come and give her some of the cutest gifts possible. Some of the outfits were to die for. And you should have seen the fancy burp rags. One was all trimmed in purple fur. Lindy, another sister-in-law, made a darling blanket and Rinez, Jerel's mom, made a sweet little dress. In fact, many of the gifts were homemade. It just shows you how much these people love Jodi. Megi did a great job with the invitations. (And we can't forget that her husband, Ty, helped make them too--what a guy!) And between the two of us, the decorations turned out pretty good too. Megi put up the cutest little trivia questions around the room about Shad and Jodi. I loved it! What a great idea. She also brought some cute little dolls to set up on a table. (I really struggle with talent in the decorating area, so it was so sweet of my friends to lend me serving dishes and ideas in this area. You know who you are, Jenn, Laura, Glenna, and Pam, so my deepest thanks!) I had a great time planning and making most of the food. Food is one my favorite hobbies--making it and eating it. :) So here's a bunch of pictures so you can get a gist of it all. Double click on the pictures to get a close-up view. You can read the signs better that way. (I'll snapfish more to those interested.)


The picture to the left is before the disaster. And the picture below is what they looked like after I did my quick fix-it job.


























Cute handmade card.





I just love the brown skirt that Jodi is holding up--Nya will look darling in it. I'm holding the purple furry burp rag. Megi looking pretty as usual, and I just couldn't resist on cute little Skyler. Also, check out the darling blanket Lindy made.

3 comments:

MegiJones said...

Hey I need you to snapfish these shower pics...and I still need a total from you! :)

Shannon said...

Okay, the two cupcake pictures look identical to me.

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

See I knew youd do a great job, and your cupcakes look awesome!!