Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dinner anyone?

The other day I was making dinner and Jordan came in and said, "Hey mom, thanks for making dinner every night. A lot of my friends and other kids at school have mentioned to me that they think it's nice that you make dinner every night because a lot of their moms don't. So thanks. I know it's a lot of work and I'm glad you do it. "

I was overwhelmed with gratitude that my teenage son noticed something that I do for the family and was thankful for it. I just do it automatically and sometimes with not a lot of thought. And I have to be honest, I was surprised that so many of my sons' friends go out to eat a lot. I thought everyone had dinner at home every night. So I had to take a picture of the dinner table right then and there so I could remember the nice compliment.
p.s. We do go out to eat sometimes too. I'm definitely not perfect you know. :)

4 comments:

Boyce said...

A very nice and deserved compliment. I love having dinner at home with my wife! Going out can be fun but just having dinner together is awesome. Dinner time was always nice for us growing up as well. Way to go Camille!

Bonnie said...

What Jordan said was so sweet, but if you weren't such a good mom, he wouldn't have said it. Thanks for sharing the story.

Rinez said...

Good for Jordan! He noticed and that's HUGE! He's going to make a great husband someday! Hooray for you, Camille. I am thankful that you're such a great wife, mom, and homemaker for our son and grandsons! Jerel did good!

Lindy said...

Good for you, Mille! I also want to make sure that we always have dinner as a family. We already know this but studies have actually proved how beneficial this can be for children. You're a great mom.