Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The parable of the serving spoon

(I stumbled across these pictures while trying to find some other ones for the next post. Remembering how hard we all laughed when it happened, I just had to post them. Hope you think it's as funny as we did.)
Once upon a time there was a boy named Chase. One week he felt really sick. He even came home early from school one day, missed wrestling practice and slept the rest of the day away. He really felt pretty crummy all week. During one of those crummy days, he decided he wanted some leftover jello. (If you don't have teenage boys--let me enlighten you. They are always hungry--even when they are sick--seriously, hungry ALL the time.) He ate some. It was delicious! He wanted more and proceeded to scoop more out of the container with the spoon he had been eating with. His mom walked in. (I'm sure you can see where this is going.) Chase's mom taught him the lesson of not eating directly from containers, licking serving spoons, etc. --ESPECIALLY when you are sick. She let him eat the rest of the jello since he contaminated it for the rest of the family. Chase thought , "No problem. I'll eat it right now. I love jello."
"I like jello, this isn't going to be too bad."
(This picture doesn't do it justice--there was a TON
of jello and it filled the whole plate.)
"Wow that was a lot of jello.
I don't think I'm going to eat jello ever again!"

Moral of the story: When you are sick, don't let your "germaphobic" mom catch you licking the serving spoon.

p.s. He ate jello again last night--he was hungry! LOL

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Funny story! I am so proud of you!!! You ran a mile AFTER doing all of that other stuff too! Way to go!

Boyce said...

This is hilarious....ahhh the life of a germaphob...we thought of you fondly this weekend when we stayed in a definately not Camille-approved establishment...it was gross...you would have died.

Camille said...

I'm sure I would have. :)

Bonnie said...

I loved the story, and I am proud of you for teaching him to not put the spoon he ate off back into the serving dish.

Camille, do you remember when you got the Miss Clean award when you went to Brownie Camp with the Brownie Girl Scouts?

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rinez said...

So funny! I don't consider myself a germaphob, I absolutely agree with not putting the spoon back in the serving dish, sick or not! And you would have hated where we stayed last weekend. I almost did!

KG said...

Just for the record....I DID send suggestions of where Doug, Rinez, Boyce, and Shad could have stayed this past weekend while in Vegas....and the place they ended up staying at was NOT on the list! So glad they came and suffered through the bad motel experience!:-)