Sunday, January 4, 2009

Snow Day



Yesterday, our family traveled to Flagstaff to spend the day enjoying the winter weather. My co-worker, Bill Beverage and his wife Sue, own several acres of land in the area and they invited us to spend some time with them at their cabin. They have named their property Whispering Pines and we enjoy the opportunity to visit. It is always very relaxing and peaceful and Bill and Sue are the best hosts, catering to our every need.



When we were outside, we spent the day sledding, building snow forts, and having snowball fights. Then we would go inside to warm ourselves by the fire, dry our clothes, watch football, and eat. It snowed some while we were there and I had forgotten how peaceful the world feels when snow is coming down. The day was over much too quickly and we all wished we could have stayed longer.

7 comments:

Rinez said...

That looks so fun. Reminds me of our Tehachapi snow trips except you had a VERY nice place to escape to. Happy memories!

MegiJones said...

Come on up to my place!! You can stay as long as you want and the snow just keeps on a comin!! :)

laurie said...

look at you Camille! You little snow bunny. I stay on the bottom of the hills. Great memories.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for posting such great photos. It looks like you all had fun. I love and miss all of you guys.

Kristine said...

What fun memories!!!

Dee said...

That certainly looks fun! It's not fair that you got to have all that snow fun and didn't have to shovel any of it. Just to make things even, I invite you to clear off my driveway.

Cherilee said...

Camille, It was good to hear from you, I didn't know that Jerel had his own website for running. From surfing on Bonnie's blog I found it. I will be checking it out often because it is always good to hear from other people who share your same interests. Oh by the way, I love the family picture at the top of your blog.
Stay in touch, Cherilee