Thursday, January 29, 2009

The number to beat is . . .

Here's another one of those "we crack ourselves up" stories. (Hopefully it will make you laugh too.) Jerel and I watch the tv show "The Office" and sometimes the kids see it too. A couple weeks ago, they had the funniest intro on the show. We called the family in to watch it and we all laughed and laughed. A few days later we all went to the zoo as a family. And while we were there, we had the opportunity to reenact the scene from "The Office" that made us laugh so hard. Fans of "The Office" will appreciate it more, but I think you will still have a little chuckle out of it. Sorry that there's 4 videos, but the first is the clip from "The Office." The next 3 are each of my kids reenacting it. Have fun!

Here's Jordan--he claims he didn't even try:

Here's Chase and Trevor:

Here's Tanner and Trevor (again):

The funniest part was afterwards. We had all had our fun and were walking down the path to the next exhibit when Tanner said, "Dad you should have run. If you would have got like 20 mph and then you would have been only like 4 or 5 miles slower than the fastest man in the world!!"

Jerel replies, "Well, while I am glad that you think that I could run that fast, I'm not really a sprinter. I'm really a long distance runner."

So Tanner replies, "Well, then start from back here and run it!" By that point we were a ways away from the speed sign. I'm sure Tanner was thinking Jerel could surely be fast if he ran it in a long distance then. We had a good laugh out of that.

Isn't it cute when a son thinks his dad has a chance of being the fastest man in the world?! It just makes me smile.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I love it! We were talking about something the other night (I can't remember if it was number-related or running-related) and I shouted out "31 is the number to beat!" Christian about fell out of his chair laughing. We should go out on a double date sometime so we can laugh at ourselves together. :)

Camille said...

Sounds like fun!!

laurie said...

Nothing is more precious than a child's view of their "superhero" parents.

Bonnie said...

This was a wonderful post. I saw the humor in the first video, but then I so adored watching my grandsons run, and I always love how Trevor views the world and the people around him. I was amazed at how well Chase did. Is he going to try out for the track team? He should.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This is such a cute post. It will be a fum family memory. How fast do you run?

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

We just started to get into The Office. How fun to bring the show to "life". Great memory for your family.