Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Clowning around

I have been taking a Wilton cake decorating course with my friend, Stephanie. We have been going every Wednesday night in June. (I wish I would have paid better attention to what my mother tried to teach me when I was at home, and then I wouldn't have to take this course.) I've been learning all sorts of new techniques. Before, I pretty much could only do stars. But now I'm learning how to make different borders and flowers. I'm loving the class! Here's the cake that I made tonight. I'm not really a clown fan, but I have to admit that I think these turned out pretty cute. I'm also going to show a picture of a monkey cake and cupcakes that I made for Trevor's birthday in February. It was a Curious George party. I think they turned out really cute, so I feel like sharing them too. The monkey cake didn't have a pattern to follow so I just made one up myself by looking at pictures online. The cupcake faces are made out of melted chocolate that I made in the shape of a monkey face; I then decorated it with icing.

4 comments:

boeboe said...

hi! those monkeys look so yummy!

by the way, i was wondering if you're also having trouble logging in to your blogger, 'cause i sure as hell am - been more than one month now that i can't access my own blogger. any idea?

MegiJones said...

Very cool, Mille!! Maybe you'll have to give me a class on it! :)

Shannon said...

Very cute! You did a great job!

Rinez said...

Well, look at you! Those are amazing and especially your monkeys - no pattern? You definitely have a gift there - and it helps to enjoy it! Good for you!