Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Trevor's first testimony

Hey, I forgot to write that Trevor bore his testimony for the first time on Sunday. He practised it for a couple days, ALL day long, to prepare. He must have told it to us 200 times (literally), and every time he said it, it was a little different. We weren't sure what he would say when he got up there. He was SOOOO excited for it to be his turn. He was so cute when he went up there, standing all by himself. When he got up to the pulpit, he wasn't sure what to do because the microphone was up really high, so he just stood there for a few seconds looking at us. Tanner (who had gone up with him) quickly realized what was wrong and fixed it. He then started "I'd like to bear my testimonies. I know this church is true . . ." Uh, oh. He got a little nervous and forgot what to say. He turns around and looks at Tanner who was sitting on the seats behind the pulpit. Tanner quietly prompts him with a few words. He starts again . . . "I like my mom and dad and my brothers. I like to read the scriptures. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Oh, he was so proud. He came down very excited and gave Chase a "five"--a loud one too I might add. He has had a good example of bearing his testimony from his older brothers; Jordan and Tanner usually get up every Fast Sunday. It was a great day!

1 comment:

Rinez said...

It's hard to believe that little Trevor is big enough to be up there and yet I can see it all per your description. We are very proud of that little guy. Please tell him!