Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I told you so

Two or three weeks ago I was messing around with the kids in the backyard. I was chasing Jordan and trying to catch him. Much to Jerel's amusement, I couldn't catch him. Well, anyways, Chase was trying to help me and head him off at the pass. Needless to say, we caught him and while he was wrestling with us and trying to get loose, he stepped on my foot pretty hard. It was an accident and so I tried to forget it. It never swelled up or bruised either. But it kept hurting. Every couple days I would tell Jerel that I thought my foot was broken, he would say, "Oh, it's fine. You'll know if it's broken." I would think, "Yeah, I think I know it and that's what I'm telling you--I KNOW I broke my foot!" But he still dismissed me. To make a long story short, I finally went to the doctor today because the pain started to shoot up to my ankle, all the time. It turns out I fractured the bone on the top of my left foot. So now I get to wear a boot for the next three weeks. When I go back, they will x-ray and check it out again. If it's not better, it will be more boot time for me. So Jerel---I told you so! :) lol

p.s. Jerel, I guess we're even from when I sent Tanner to the time-out chair when he broke his arm. :)

2 comments:

Boyce said...

Ok....Jerel is soooooo Dad! Thats exactly what Dad did to me when I broke my leg in THREE places. He kept saying that I just needed to walk it out. Well I finally tried walking it out and landed on the floor in excruciating pain. I still remember Mom and Dad both running to see what had happened (cuz I screamed) and Mom arriving and saying, "Can we take him in now?" So they did the next day and I was in a full leg cast for 3 weeks then a walking cast for almost the rest of the summer. Like father, like son. Way to go Jerel!

Rinez said...

Oh, Camille! I have to agree with Boyce. Dad and I were slow to go to the doctor and poor Boyce really needed one! Anyway, does it feel better now with the boot on? Poor little Mama of four boys. You took a beatin'.