Sunday, June 24, 2007

Top awards

I have been meaning to post this for the last month, but didn't have a picture of the boys in their nice dress clothes with their trophies. So I have been trying to remember to take a picture of the boys with their trophies every Sunday, but I keep forgetting. I give up; I just took a picture anyways. We're very proud of our boys! They work hard and deserve honors for their efforts.


Chase received a trophy for getting a 4.0 or higher for the first 3 quarters of the year. (He actually ended up getting a 4.0 or higher for all 4 quarters.) It's quite an honor that not many students get. It was given to him by the principal and faculty at a special awards assembly. Most of the students honored were 9th graders. He was dressed up very nicely and handsome in his dress clothes and went on stage to receive his award. Jordan received a trophy for being the "Outstanding Independent Reader" for his class. He feels that he probably would have got an award for math too, but they try to space out the awards among as many kids as possible. I bet he would have too, he's quite sharp in that area as well. My mom will know what this means, but he got 458.6 AR points this year. AR is a special reading program that tests kids on reading comprehension of different books they have read. The number of points they get is based on how difficult the book is and how well they answered the questions. Jordan had the highest points in the whole school. He beat the person in 2nd place by like 100 points. He didn't even take tests on all the books he read this year. Jordan was also voted the "Smartest" by his class.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats to Chase and Jordan! Its always nice to be recognized for all the hard work you put in throughout the school year. Way to go! Just don't get a big head like your dad. :)

Bonnie said...

I think it is wonderful to have such intelligent and talented grandsons. Way to go to Chase, Jordan, and Tanner. As for Trevor, I think it is wonderful that he wants to learn French. I just wish my husband Randy and I were there to speak French to him every day. (Randy went on a mission to France and my dad spoke French to me all the time). As a result, I wanted to learn French from the age of 4. Camille and Jerel, please encourage this! Maybe you could teach him one French word or phrase a day. I'll email suggestions if you want.

Nope said...

don't listen to Shannon.. there is nothing wrong with having a big head.. Just make sure you have the neck to support it.