Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A typical day for me . . .














Hey everybody! Jerel has been giving me a hard time because I haven't "blogged" yet. He's told me like 50 times now "I should have just put that it was the successes and struggles of Jerel, not the Jerel & Camille Campbell family." So here's my first blog. All my days tend to revolve around my kids' schedules. I get up every morning at 6:10 - 6:15 to get Jordan up for swim team. I then drive the carpool to the pool and arrive there at 6:30. At 7:45 I get the rest of the family up when Jordan gets home and we all have scripture study together. I then start laundry (I'm always doing laundry since it takes me days to finish it), get breakfast going, while encouraging the kids in personal scripture study, working on faith in god and duty to god stuff, working on scouting stuff, my summer projects like passing off merit badges and cleaning out drawers, and just regular old chores, etc. Jordan wasn't happy when I told him all his shirts he was keeping had to be folded when he put them back in his drawer. I can be so unreasonable sometimes.

This morning I was doing church calling stuff for about an hour. Yesterday I spent about 3 hours calling and making arrangements. A good friend of mine in the ward, Lynn, lost her mother to a car accident on Sunday afternoon. I am Compassionate Service leader, so I was doing all the arranging for help she might need this week. She's having a rough go since her husband is literally just getting off bed rest from a debilitating spine infection and back surgery, so every time she needs to leave, someone has to be with her husband. Last week I was taking kids to orthodontist appointments, getting new glasses for Tanner and dealing with scouting stuff on my "free time" --as I am trying to get my gym to host a Personal Fitness merit badge class. Chase has had only 2 merit badges left for his Eagle for the last 8 months, and this is one of them. I'm ready for him to be done.

I try to get to the gym by about 8:30 or 9:00. Sometimes I take Chase and his friend, Kohl, since they both joined the gym for the summer. I spend about an hour or so, and then head off to Trevor's swim lessons that start at 10:30. I've added a picture of Trevor on "fun day" at swim lessons. He was so cute and laughing so hard. Meanwhile, I usually get about 3 calls at the gym and at swimming lessons while I try to encourage the kids to finish their "jobs" before they can play with a friend. Usually Tanner is "just starting them" as I pull out of swim lessons. lol Once home, it's more house cleaning, dealing with kids, lunch, showering, more jobs, etc. Although today I ran errands including to the scout shop after swim lessons. I then drive carpool for Tanner's basketball camp that starts at 1:00. Then I take Jordan to his Speed and Agility and Weightlifting classes. He and I are really trying to get in better shape this summer. I did great last year, but have gotten lazy and have much to catch up on. He's there from 1:30 - 3:00 two times a week. Chase also has piano during the summer.

I also seem to be hosting kids here and there all day. Swimming is always a plus for them, but then I often find myself outside watching them instead of in the house doing my many piles of laundry and other pressing tasks. Check out the picture of Tanner and 2 of his friends, Mason and Nate, as they float around our pool in Nate's tiny raft. As I watched them, all I could think of was "rub a dub dub, three men in a tub." They were so funny together. I wrote a quick note to a friend and tried to read part of a book while I was watching Trevor swim in our pool today. I then try to reclean the house and make dinner before Jerel gets home. I also spent time today making dinner for someone in my ward. Then after dinner it goes on from there . . . Like tonight I got the kids showered, made brownies for Chase and some friends who were over playing pool, and I played Yahtzee with Trevor.

So here I sit at 10:15 at night while some of my kids are still asking why they can't stay up longer and trying to type my exciting blog. And people wonder why I don't write more, it's because I need better time management skills. :) There is tons of funny stuff that goes on, but as I sit here, I can't think of a single thing. Trevor did tell me that he is "so good at Yahtzee" and is so excited that he gets to "spend the night" in Jordan's room. So until tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

Rinez said...

Whew! Your schedule wears me out!