Friday, June 15, 2007

Too cute for words

Tonight I was driving with Trevor (just as the sun was setting) and he informed me, "Jesus is going to sleep right now."
So I asked, "How do you know that?"
He responded, "Because Jesus is the sun, and it's going down."
I then had a nice little conversation with him while I tried to explain that Jesus is the "son" not the "sun." To which he replied, "Yeah, but he's as bright as the sun!"
He then said, "Well, he is still wearing a red tie." (I'm thinking he meant the red robe we often see in pictures.)
I told him I didn't think Jesus wore ties, he informed me that I was wrong. So if any of you have a picture of Jesus with a tie, a red one at that, please send it to me.
(Gee, what are his parents teaching him! lol)

Also, Trevor wanted to talk on the phone to his Grandpa Randy tonight after Randy got out of the hospital. I told him previously that he was feeling kind of sick. So he wanted to call him. He then asked, "Are you still sick? I will say my prayers so you can feel better."
He then told me when he got off the phone, "I'm going to say a blessing for him in my prayers so he will get better."

He always has cute things to say. A favorite of mine was when a while back he told me that he loves me as much as string cheese. I was like, WOW, that's a lot. I'm a pretty lucky mom!! And so whenever I am having a bad day and feeling like I'm doing everything wrong with my kids, I just think, "You know what? I'm better than string cheese, and that's pretty awesome!"

3 comments:

Rinez said...

The beauty of what little children teach us. Thank you for sharing these little every-day experiences that make life so wonderful.

MegiJones said...

Sooo cute! Can I just tell you that Ty thinks Trevor is ha-larious! He cracked up laughing the whole time he read this entry...love ya!!

Lindy said...

This is adorable. I love the way kids think, it's just so simple for them. What an example.