Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Everything's coming up roses

Hey all! This is the cake I made for my final cake decorating class. I made the whole thing. I couldn't believe it. I was so afraid to tackle the roses; they looked too hard to make. But the roses weren't as hard to make as I thought they would be. I think they were my favorite thing I learned how to do. The roses were still a little soft when I put them on my cake, but I think it still turned out pretty good. (Just don't look too hard at the roses close up.) I also really enjoyed making the polka dots for this cake. I finished it off by putting edible glitter on the top. I had never used it before and ended up liking the effect. The kids were so nice and complimentary. Trevor told me it was "beautiful," and Tanner said that I was a "professional." The kids sure love all the "homework" I get to do for this class. Next month I'm going to start a fondant class. (By the way, the cake was a devil's food chocolate cake with a raspberry and whipped cream filling. I also base frosted it in a whipped frosting. Just added that so you could get the complete picture and, you know, make your mouth water. lol It has to taste as good as it looks, or what's the point?!)

2 comments:

Rinez said...

Wow, that's beautiful. You're going to be able to start doing wedding cakes at this rate! Good job!

Bonnie said...

This last cake is beautiful. The roses look better than most of the wedding cakes I have seen and ten times better than the cakes I have seen in grocery stores. You are really talented. Way to go, Camille!