Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I love Christmas!!




Okay, I've been crazy, busy lately. But now that my schedule is finally dying down a little bit, I can start updating my blog again on a regular basis! I love to decorate, make neighbor/friend gifts, send out cards, buy the perfect present, see Christmas lights, etc. I just love ALL of it!! I just LOVE thinking of the perfect gift for someone and then can't wait til Christmas for them to open it. It's the best.














I have to admit, I have gotten really into my tree the last couple years. I try to follow the snowflake theme all done in red and white and with stripes. (sounds complicated, but it's not) I even started wrapping all the presents in wrapping paper that matches the theme. It makes me happy, so I do it. The rest of the family loves me, so they humor me. Here are some pictures of our tree and decorations in our house. Notice that in one of the close-ups of the tree that there is a BYU football ornament. That's because, well, we love BYU. Also, it's because we have a tradition that whenever there is a big event in our family, we get an ornament to remember it by. We have ornaments that help us remember new babies being born, baptisms, vacations, new houses, awesome BYU football games where we beat the U of U in the last few seconds of the game, etc. I love to collect snowmen and santas. I guess I love nativities too--I have 7 so far. Okay, I love Christmas!


One of my favorite decorations was made and painted by Jerel's Grandma, Joan Fewkes. It is the Santa kneeling in front of the baby Jesus. She passed away this year, and so it makes it even more special. Every time I look of it, I feel of her love for our family.

I've also added pictures of Jerel putting lights on the house outside. Every time he tried, it started to rain a TON. I was so afraid he would slip on the tile roof and fall. I must have told him a million times, "Be careful. Don't fall." He finally replied, "It's not like I'm planning on falling." lol

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I think your tree is beautiful. I saw this the day you posted it, but Randy and I have been so busy that I neglected to comment. I wish we could have been with you this Christmas.