Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Love to See the Temple

I 'm posting some pictures of when we went with the aunts, uncles and cousins here in Arizona to see the lights at the temple. The kids just had a great time with each other. I was practicing with different settings on my camera to try and catch the best shots. Some are better than others. But the best one is of the temple that night. I have to admit, I was surprised at how amazing the picture turned out. Just check out how cool the reflection of the temple is in the water. The lights were sooo bright and beautiful at the temple! The pictures don't do them justice.

We all went to Village Inn for food afterwards. My kids are so funny. Most of them wanted a milkshake AND hot chocolate. Does anyone else see the oddity of this combination? I'm thinking, "Why isn't anyone ordering pie?"
Although the company was great, the service was not the best. The waiter didn't bring us half of our food, and the manager was just darn weird as he told us stories of his Grandma that got married at age 14 and had like 20+ kids. My sister-in-law, Janel, and I just looked at each other and laughed. He told us that seeing us all together as a big family reminded him of his own family stories. Janel said to me, "I think maybe some stories should just be kept in the family." But I think we all still had a great time!
I couldn't help but post some pictures of Chase and Jordan getting along so nicely and playing a game on the "Kids Corner" placemat. Aahhh! And then apparently Chase needed to read the menu to his younger cousins and to the delight of Mikah and Owen.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Those are great pictures. Kudos to whomever took them. I love to see the temple all lit up. I just love Christmas lights.