Friday, December 28, 2007

Our family treasure

I will post more on Christmas later, but I wanted to share my favorite gift this year. We had a wonderful time during the Christmas holiday. The youth in our ward made a gift like this for the Bishop and then Jordan asked the lady in charge to help him make one for me for Christmas.

The plaque says, "Our Family Treasure." It then quotes the scripture from 1 Nephi 1:3. It says:

"And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge."

Jordan had everyone in the family write/inscribe their testimonies on the gold pages. (And there is an extra page for me to add my own testimony.) As I read them all--from Trevor to Jerel--I was extremely touched and grateful for my family. These truly are their own records, written in their own hand, of what they know that is "true." The gospel IS true; I love it! I love my family and am glad we are together forever. Having everyone's testimonies written down like this truly is a TREASURE!

5 comments:

MegiJones said...

That is the coolest thing!! How fun for you!

Bonnie said...

How wonderful of Jordan to make one for you. I can hardly wait until I can read what everyone wrote. It looks like he did a nice job too.

Rinez said...

When you told me about this gift, I,too, felt thankful for the testimonies of your family for you are ours as well. It is so comforting to know our children and grandchildren have a testimony and are immersed in the gospel. Thank you. It is beautiful.

Rinez said...

When you told me about this gift, I,too, felt thankful for the testimonies of your family for you are ours as well. It is so comforting to know our children and grandchildren have a testimony and are immersed in the gospel. Thank you. It is beautiful.

Catrina said...

That is so wonderful! I love it!