Friday, December 28, 2007

Now that's a lot of "dough!"


I know this happened last month, but I am going to be catching up on some blogs now that I have more free time. Somehow I got roped into being in charge of the cookie dough fundraiser for the elementary school my kids go to. Okay, I KNOW how--I'm always up at the school volunteering AND I can't say "no!" It actually wasn't as bad as it sounds, but there was about 8-10 days of crazy time. And now that it's over, I can say that I helped the school in a big way and didn't spend months and months doing it like other school fundraising projects take (for example Campbell's soup labels, box tops, etc.). Here's a picture of me adding up all the money and checking all the orders (hundreds came in). And there's another picture of when the cookie dough was all delivered, and I spent all day dispersing to the classes. There was over 2300 tubs of cookie dough. Luckily, I had some great student council members, parent helpers and retired teachers to help. They were all amazing. Thanks Ann and Cindy. Mr. Underwood, the teacher who delegated this project to me, was also great to work with and gave me an awesome thank you gift at the end. All in all, I have to say, it was kind of fun adding things up. I know, I'm a math nerd. And much to Jerel's dismay, I would do it again. The school ended up selling over $27,000 worth of cookie dough so it was worth it. All I can say is "now that's a lot of dough!" Literally!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

They certainly picked the right person for the job.You were always good at math. I never did teach you how to count. I guess you picked it up from Sesame Street. You surprised me one day and counted to 20 all by yourself and you were just two.