Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Miler of the month

At the kids' junior high, they run the mile every week in their PE classes. The kids that post the fastest time for the month get a t-shirt honoring their achievement. Well, Chase had the fastest time of all 8th grade boys for the month of December. He ran the mile in 5 minutes and 59 seconds. Every month, I have to admit, I was way more intense about him winning the "Mile of the Month" t-shirt than he was. (This is because I knew he was capable of doing this and didn't want him to give up.) Chase said that he was thinking about slowing down during the last time he was running the mile, but then he thought "Mom is way into me winning." He then said that was enough motivation to keep on running!! Thanks Chase, and WAY TO GO!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Camille! I just got your darling Christmas card and photo and couldn't wait to get online and read more about your family. So fun! I love to also "blogstalk" so clicked on the link from Royers about lights at LA temple since we used to live there. Read about visit to USC and sister Lindy and Jonathan in Santa Monica -- I was in Young Women's presidency with Lindy in Santa Monica (2002 - 2003). SMALL WORLD! I was trying to figure out how you are related and couldn't...so you've got to let me know! Merry Christmas! Glad to know you blog -- I'll add your link to mine!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations to Chase for being such a good runner and to Camille for being such a supportive mom.