Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The eyes have it

We thought that Jordan would like to wear contacts since football with glasses is a big pain. Even when he wears his sports goggles, they fog up and he has to use a towel all the time because his sweat drips all over them. It really is a BIG, BIG pain. Well, Jordan went to the eye doc last week and they gave him a trial pair for the week. After the first initial "drama" of trying to get them in and out the first time, he's quite the pro at it now. (When I say "drama," nothing could touch the drama that I gave my mom when I first wore contacts. Let's just say I was VERY emotional and was convinced that it had gone into the back of my head. Actually, it had just rolled up under my eye lid. No one I'm sure has had drama like I did at that age.) Jordan just had a little phobia about putting something in his eye and touching his eye--like everyone does. After the first couple days he could get them in and out in just minutes. I think it helped that Chase and I both wear them. BUT, he's so funny--he doesn't want to wear contacts. Go figure. So now I'm trying to decide whether to "make" him wear them because it really will be easier for sports. Ahh, the joy of kids and agency.
Look how nice he looks.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Britt just got contacts, too. She was WAY way WAY braver than I was when I first got them (at 13). I haven't worn mine for years. I think I'm going to get Lasik if I can stop freaking out about it. :)
Les.

Camille said...

I know, Lasik freaks me out too.

MegiJones said...

Jordan...you do look nice!!! Good luck with the change!

Rinez said...

Hey, Jordan, you look great! Contacts will probably be much better in the long run!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on learning to put them in. This is just another mountain that you have conquered.