Thursday, July 31, 2008

Who would believe it?

Last week when I filled up with gas, I was so excited to see $3.89. Isn't that sad? Who would believe that we could get so excited about gas being at that price. I was just excited to see it under $4.00. I checked; I paid $2.69 a gallon this time last year. (I'm married to an accountant.) And I remember being mad about those prices. I would love it if I could pay $2.69 a gallon now. (sigh)

p.s. My in-laws--ALL OF THEM--always monitor and check gas prices all the time. Seriously, it's like a hobby for them. If you ever need to know gas prices, they can tell you and where the cheapest ones are. One time I mentioned the price of gas and Megi said something like, "Mille, you know what the gas prices are? Wow." Now I totally feel like one of them. :)

3 comments:

Rinez said...

Ain't it the truth? I paid $4.09 yesterday and am excited to anticipate that maybe we'll get below $4. Boy, are we being hoodwinked or what!!!

Bonnie said...

I am upset. I just paid $4.14 per gallon for regular when I gassed up today. How come Arizona is so much cheaper that Utah. I remember the good old days when we got 4 gallons of gas for $1.00.

MegiJones said...

yeah i would be happy with even 3.89...it's 4.15 around here although we made it to costco in twin yesterday and got it for 4.00! :) so sad...