Monday, July 7, 2008

Goal # 2

Wow, I set one goal and now my mind is racing with all sorts of goals I want to accomplish. I was reading in the June New Era this weekend and read a little article about a girl who was challenged by her YW leaders to read the Book of Mormon in 65 days. The 65 days was significant because it is the approximate time it took Joseph Smith to translate it. I decided to do it too! I read all the time, and decided I have been doing more "frivolous" reading instead of "uplifting" reading lately. So this is my goal to help me with more "uplifting" reading in my life. I will be done with the Book of Mormon on September 9th.

3 comments:

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

you go girl! Miss you!

Bonnie said...

What a great goal--531 divided by 65 is only 9 pages a day for the first 11 days and then 8 pages a day after that. You've inspired me. I am going to try to do it, too. It is unbelievable that Joseph Smith translated that many pages a day and it was perfect the first time with no revisions. When I taught school, it took me at least 2 or 3 hours to think up good test questions, revise, and type a good test with no flaws, and sure enough, some student would still find a typo.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well, I admire you, I really do. I am going to THINK about reading 65 verses of the Book of Mormon in 531 days. I think I can do it. That's what? Maybe several words a day? I like a good challenge and work well under pressure. Yup, sounds like something I can really sink my teeth into.