Saturday, July 12, 2008

Goal #3

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this "goal-setting" business. It's been a while since I sat down and set some goals, and I'm kind of enjoying it. (When I was 1st counselor in Young Womens many years ago, I did all the personal progress goals with my Mia Maids and received my jewelry for that, but now I am badly out of practise with setting goals.) I decided last week to try to go to bed by 10:30 pm every night. I am up until at least midnight or 1:00 every night, and for various reasons decided I really should get more sleep. So I set my goal and, . . . yeah, I think the earliest I went to bed was 11:15 ONE night. Complete failure. I hesitated to put my goal on the blog, for fear of not being able to accomplish it and then having to own up to it to everyone. But then I thought to myself, "What's the point of setting a goal if I don't really believe I'm going to accomplish it?" So as boring as this post probably is, I'm just trying to make myself accountable. I'm going to be realistic and just see if I can do it for two weeks starting tomorrow . . . OKAY, I'll start tonight!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is a great goal. This appeared in the March 1999 issue of the Ensign. When Marion G. Romney was first called to be an Assistant to the Quorum of the Twelve, he asked Elder Harold B. Lee for advice on how he could be more successful as a General Authority and in tune with the spirit. Elder Lee said, "Go to bed early and get up early. If you do, your body and mind will become rested, and then in the quiet of those early-morning hours, you will receive more flashes of insight and inspiration than at any other time of the day.”

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Good luck with that one. I have gone to bed at 1:30 for so many nights the last 30 days that it's embarassing. But, I couldn't do that if I still had a young family like you do.

I love watching for your new goals.