Monday, July 7, 2008

Love my American Idols

A couple months back I REALLY, REALLY wanted to buy tickets to the American Idol concert that is touring with the top 10 finalists. I asked Jerel if he wanted to go. He said "no" in his typical flatliner voice that kind of sounds like "I don't care." I said, "Please, it could be your anniversary present to me." He said, "Do whatever you want." I was like SWEET!! I bought the tickets promptly. He then never said a word about it again. Two days before the concert I reminded him about our BIG DATE! He again didn't say a word. The night of the concert we get in the car and again he doesn't say a word about going to the concert. Then after we were driving for about 15 minutes he starts to tell me that he really doesn't want to go. I'm like "Are you serious?! I could have invited a friend. Why didn't you say something earlier?" He said, "I did." I was like, "Yeah, forever ago, and then you didn't say a word about it again. I thought you had warmed up to the idea." Jerel asks, "What made you think I had warmed up to it? Did I ever sound excited to go?" I then explained, "You NEVER sound excited about anything. Even when I told you I was pregnant you said 'cool' in your typical flatliner voice. How was I supposed to know?" Jerel responds, in his flatliner voice, "That's true." VINDICATION! Anyways, we went, we had pretty good seats, and it was AWESOME! I know that Jerel enjoyed it too. He even took pictures with his cell phone. Well, I have to admit, he probably didn't like the 12 year old girl that was sitting behind him, and was screaming--and I mean SCREAMING not singing--the entire time that David Cook sang.

5 comments:

laurie said...

I'm so jealous! I bet that was fabulous. You are really doing well at blogging too!

Camille said...

Hey, thanks--it is goal #1!

Bonnie said...

I am so jealous. I am so glad you went. Now after hearing the concert, who do think really should have been the American idol? Did America get it right?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

His "flatliner" voice? Oh, what a sweet description. I think I'd rather hear a flatliner voice than one an octive higher than normal saying, "You did WHAT?" Oh well, we all deal with what we have, right?

Nickie said...

How fun! I really wanted to go the SYTYCDance thing last year, but they didn't even come to a state that was touching ours...I'm still a little bitter about it.
You are such a babe!
love ya!