Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Family Scripture

Last month I was at Enrichment meeting at the church and my friend, Mary, was discussing her family's scripture. She said she had been to someone else's house and saw that they had a "family scripture" but it was kind of long, and she thinks just posted on the fridge. Well, Mary decided that her family needed to choose a scripture. She of course, put it on her wall with vinyl letters and it looks fabulous--just like the rest of her house. (She is great at decorating!) Her scripture is "O be wise; what can I say more?" (Jacob 6:12). Great scripture. Anyways, to make a short story long, I wondered out loud "I need a family scripture." Cyndi, another friend, pipes up behind us and says "We have a family scripture. It's 'Thou shalt not kill.'" She has 6 sons, plus some step-kids too. I totally laughed; she is so funny. But after the last couple days . . . I'm thinkin' that her scripture suggestion may not be that far off. Maybe that needs to be our family scripture too. Sometimes too much together time is NOT a good thing during the summer. So now I need to do some cool decorating to display my new family scripture. Any good ideas Mary?

8 comments:

laurie said...

Maybe you could all poke your fingers and write it in blood?? Totally kidding, but I hear you, I have to remind myself of that daily between the months of June and August!

Matt Ras said...

One of my favorite scriptures, and I know that Jerel agrees, is Solomons Song 7:1-3. It could be a good one for the family.

Bonnie said...

There are so many scriptures that could apply to a family. Take a picture and put it on your blog when you figure out how to display it.

Camille said...

Matt!! Oh, yeah, I'm definately putting that on my wall. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Thanks for the tip.

Matt Ras said...

No prob, Camille. I just want what is best for your family.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Hi, It's B's Mom. I would love to have you leave a comment/comments on my blog. See? I have no problem leaving one on yours. That's the way I am, nosey and interested in everyone.

Loved this post. YOU are funny, girl. Now I'm off to read more of your stuff.

B's Mom

Nickie said...

Okay, I got it, do like a ghostbuster sign, but instead of a ghost it could be a gun, or numchucks, or a sword, or an anvil, some kind of violent device in the circle with a "cross-out". Are you with me? If this is too confusing, give me a call, I can help walk you through it.
Or you could snap a pic when the boys are fighting (that'd throw 'em off) then put that in the center of the circle with the "cross-out" thing, that'd be good. We could go all kinds of places with this....
I'll let you know if I have anymore ideas, I'm sure you want to know.
loves

Mary said...

All very funny comments that should help you narrow down your search, Camille. I think Matt's suggestion is very good but might be a little long to vinyl. It's a good thought, however, and probably has Jerel's vote.