Monday, July 14, 2008

Good times with great friends!

Today is Laura's birthday, one of my favorite and great friends. Happy birthday Laura! I got all reflective today and a little emotional as I thought about how blessed I am to have such great friends in my life. I have friends that I can be upset, crazy, insecure, happy, sad, spiritual, mad, fun, excited, and bored with. They have hung in there with me through tough times and great times. If I need a sounding board because I am feeling like I had a "Wal-mart mom" experience, they are there with a listening ear (and a good laugh). If I had a "triumphant shopping experience," they are excited about the great deals I found. When I had my miscarriages and when Randy died, they were the first ones I called. We have SO MUCH FUN together too. We will laugh, and laugh sometimes. Whether we are shopping, going to lunch, playing games, going to cooking classes, losing weight, reading books, camping, watching movies, traveling, helping me with my blog, talking on the phone . . . the list could go on and on . . . it's always fun! I love that they all have strong testimonies of the gospel and are willing to share them if I need it. I love that I can call them anytime for any reason. They have been my help and saving grace in all of my sick pregnancy moments, bad parenting moments, losing Randy moments, Shannon health watch moments . . . they have fasted and prayed with me and for me.

Some of my greatest, greatest friends don't live nearby anymore, but every time we talk, we pick right up where we left off. My friends don't judge and just console, or laugh right along with me or cry with me. They know a lot about me and still love me despite it all. They don't always know the right answers, but they still know the exact right thing to say. They will have places in my heart for forever. (See, I told you I was all emotional and reflective.) They all have attributes that I want to emulate and help me become a better person. I'm going to do a little tribute to some of them, because they are great and deserve to be thanked.

I have many great friends in my ward. A few of them LOVE to play games--just like me--and so I love that about them. Some of them are FABULOUS cooks (or should I say chefs). I love it when I benefit from those talents. We have so much fun together too as I see them the most often. I have had many spiritual moments with these guys and appreciate that. They are the greatest. (And hey, thanks for helping me raise my kids, as they are at your houses a lot too.)

My Bunko friends are the best. We discuss everything and have so much fun together. Sometimes we get talking and talking and never play the game. There are times we just can't stop laughing. I love my Bookclub gals. These are some women that are older than me and so we never would have crossed paths otherwise--we don't sit together watching our kids at school events or ball games, etc. I'm so glad I found them and I always think "what would I do without them?"

I have always wished I had sisters and so I am grateful for my sisters-in-law. They are the greatest. Some of them I have known since they were 7 years old, and I have seen them grow up. Others are just new to the family. But I love, love, love how you have made me feel like I was a "real sister."

Julie is one of the greatest friends ever! I don't get to see her very often since she moved to Utah, but I love that we can still talk all the time. She has been my friend for a long time and we just never have lost touch. She's known me since my kids were tiny and has helped me raise my kids as they are growing up. Every thing I mentioned above about my great friends, and things we have done together or they have done for me--well, she's been a part of it all. She is one of the most true, genuine and best people I know.

Allyson has been my friend for forever! We've been friends since 5th grade--so that's 28 years!! She's the friend who ALWAYS calls at just the right time. She will just "get a feeling" that I need to talk, and she'll call. She now lives in Glendale, and even though she's semi-close, we don't get together enough. She's the one who took me to the temple after my first miscarriage. Her mom is like a second mom to me. She is one of the most caring and selfless people I know.

Last month I had a great day. Julie and Allyson both came to visit. I went to lunch with Julie and dinner with Allyson. It was just the best time ever. I love having good times with great friends. My friends are truly blessings in my life. You all are amazing.
Here I am with Julie . . .
and here I am with Allyson.

5 comments:

laurie said...

So true, So true....

Rinez said...

Indeed, friends are an integral part of our lives as women. I think it's because we really are sisters. Thanks for sharing your reflective moments.

Bonnie said...

I love what you wrote about your friends.
I know Allyson and she is like another daughter to me, and I am so glad you have all of your other wonderful friends. Thanks for being there for me, too, Camille. I wish we lived in the same town so we could do more things together. When I came down for Mother's Day, you treated me like a queen. You are a very thoughtful person--smart and resourceful, too. I love you very much.

laurakrummenacher said...

Very sweet Camille, thanks

Bonnie said...

Hey, I want you to teach me how to put how long it has been since my blog buddies have put a new post on their blog. I like what you have on your blog.