Thursday, July 3, 2008

A glimmer of hope

Many of you have asked how Shannon is doing. I felt like I needed to let you know a little update on her. She is now HOME!! Yeah!! We have had a LONG month of emotional roller coasters and questions, and so it's good to have a celebration moment. The last week in the hospital was rough as the doctors kept changing their minds about things--the infection may have spread to the right side of the brain, you can go home, no you can't go home, no the infection may even be getting better, you need another surgery, etc. It was tough to say the least. The infection has not gotten worse, but is about the same. We are not out of the woods by a long shot, but we are seeing answers to many of the prayers that have been extended to her and Paul. She still needs our prayers, but I am hopeful that this is a start of her to finally have some relief and just . . . be!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the update. Please let Shannon know of my prayers for her and how much I care. I cannot even imagine the pain and suffering she has gone though and still is going through--the pain both physical and mental must be tremendous. She is such a good example for me.

Bonnie said...

I like your new wallpaper for your blog. It is my favorite background that you have used for your blog.
Call me and let me know how Shannon was when you went down and saw here this past weekend and how the rest of your trip went. I have 3 more posts on my blog since you saw it last. I hope you are all well and happy down in Arizona.
I love you all so much,
Mom