Monday, July 7, 2008

First day of summer . . . are you kidding me?

We just got back from a quick trip to Bakersfield for the 4th of July weekend. It was kind of hot there, but not like it can get in Arizona. And then it reminded me of a few weeks back. It was June 20th, I was sitting outside trying to work on a project and watch the kids in the pool. I was sweating to death--I think it was 111 degrees that day. I don't know why I didn't get in the pool with them. Anyways, later on I had to check my calendar and it said "First day of summer." I just thought, "Are you kidding me? I think we've been there for a while now."

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Arizona is too hot for me. However, you don't have to shovel snow or worry about driving on icy roads.

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.